If you’ve kept up with my blog, you’ll know that for me 2018 was a year of ups and downs, and it’s given me a lot to think about. 2019 isn’t going to be “new year, new me”, because I quite like the current me, but there are definitely some things I want to achieve this year.
- Lose weight and get in shape – very cliche, I know. But, I just haven’t felt like myself since my surgery last year, and I think a lot of it has to do with the cycle of bad eating and lack of exercise I fell into afterwards.
- Be more consistent with blogging and replying to messages. Seeing as I had planned to publish this blog, and I currently have 17 unread messages in my instagram inbox, I’m not doing so great.. but, it is definitely a work in progress and something I’m working on slowly but surely.
- Find a volunteering project – I don’t know exactly what yet, but I really want to find something to do with my time that involves helping others or giving back. I’m open to any suggestion, so if you have one let me know!
- Read more books, when I was younger I used to read all the time. I spent the majority of my childhood with my nose in a book. There was one 2 week holiday where I read 18 books! Since starting university and work, I’ve found that I haven’t read for pleasure as much at all, and I really miss it! I’m going on holiday soon, and I’m hoping to read at least two books while I’m out there.
- Be tidier, my boyfriend looked elated when I told him this was one of my resolutions! Out of the two of us, I’m definitely the less tidy one. But, this year I’m aiming to be better. I won’t suddenly turn into Mrs Hinch overnight, but there’s definitely room for improvement.
- Clean out and donate my clothes more frequently – following on from resolution #5, I’ll be tidier if I’ve got less stuff to tidy up. I always mean to have a clear out of the clothes I haven’t worn at the end of a season, but never seem to manage it.
- Find a creative outlet. Like with find a volunteering project, I’m not exactly sure which route I want to go down with my creative outlet. I love sewing and cake decorating, and I’ve been teaching myself to knit, so maybe my creative outlet will go in one of these directions, but as of right now it could be absolutely anything.
- Spend less money, I want to make 2019 the year I make my work lunches more often instead of heading to the far too convenient Pret directly opposite my office. The year that I buy less shoes and clothes (but never handbags!)
- Spend more time outdoors, London has so many beautiful parks and I’ve only been to a handful of them. This year I want to spend more time wandering through them.
- Do more new things and venture out of my comfort zone more often – I find once I get comfortable with something I get stuck in a rut with it, particularly when out for dinner – I don’t ever look at a menu in Nandos, Wagammas and my favourite (but sadly not local anymore) Chinese.
So these are my goals and resolutions for 2019, I hope I’ll manage to achieve them all but who knows how things will go this year.